Monday, June 30

Day 7... start of the final week

It is the second week of the tournament already. the first having ripped by in a blaze of purple, green, and fluorescent yellow. It has gone almost too quickly. Though we work ridiculous hours here, everyone agreed that they were disappointed that the tournament is already half way done. Yesterday, the traditional day of rest, was a welcome and much needed respite. I spent a large part of it on the M25. But hey, that was my choice.

This morning we were in at the usual time, and breakfast was devoured with zeal. I am now back at my desk, sitting in a very strange contorted position, trying to dodge the glorious sun that is streaming in through the windows so I can see my laptop screen. I am glad that it is sunny though - tennis will be played, and despite my earlier mention of the 'half-over already' feeling, I am happy that the number of matches left on the schedule will be reduced by the end of the day.

A few photos from matches last week. Work willing, I will get out and take some more today.






- Sugiyama stretches for a backhand return
- I don't know which one I prefer, the previous one with the ball, or this one with the extra stretch, and only the shadow of the ball to hint at its presence just out of frame
- I am loving how well the 300mm lens works, keeping shots crisp from the opposite end of the court. Greens are a bit different though, something I need to pay more attention to.








- Sugiyama primes herself after running almost the length of her side of the court to get to this overhead lob.
- She made it, and returns the ball with seeming ease.

It is nearly 10am, so I must go and get the list of matches to be covered and take it up to the photo liaison office. More from me as the day progresses!

No comments: